Are you new to the idea of polyamory? Curious to explore different types of open relationships and meet like -minded folks?
Join us at 8pm and visit our sign-up station for those who identify as polyamorous. Guests will have the opportunity to describe and decide what they are looking for, in meeting other poly guests.
From 8:30pm-9:30pm, our special guest presenter Steve Sandford will discuss the various aspects of polyamory. Explore both the challenges and the rewarding benefits as well as how to navigate around feelings of jealousy and trust.
We are excited to welcome a special feature. From 9:30pm-10pm, the author of Playing Monogamy will give a brief presentation on this book. Join special guest Simon(e) Van Saarloos and learn more about how and why society defaults to the structure of monogamous relationships. For those interested in purchasing a copy, books will be for sale for $17 each.
- How the focus on finding a partner – one partner specifically – is ever-present.
- Safety (as) an argument for monogamy.
- Gay and queer narratives are seduced by the promise that ‘it gets better’.
- The Social Wheel of Five.
At 10pm Polyamory Match Making will begin in the Ballroom. Meet amazing folks and their partners for the chance to mingle and possibly date within the boundaries of an open relationship. Your host will provide introductions and fun questions for singles, couples, triads and more.
The following categories will be indicated with colored wristbands
- Looking for kink play : purple
- Looking for play partner only: pink
- Looking to date/ relationship: white
- I am new to poly/curious: orange
- We are a poly couple looking for other poly couples: black
- Singles & couples looking for each other: yellow
Oasis Aqualounge will be open from 11am-8pm for Staycation Sunday. Polyamory Match Making begins at 8pm.
Men/couples-$80. Women, trans and non-binary folks-free.
Want to hear about future Poly events at Oasis? Join our Polyamory List. Just add your email address below.