Whether it’s your very first time, or whether you’re a veteran, approaching new people at a sex club can be intimidating. We spoke to some of our Oasis Aqualounge hosts, to discuss tips on approaching people
- Choose a public place to approach someone like the bar, pool, or dance floor
- Approach someone if they are making eye contact with you, they are smiling, they gesture you to approach them
- Start with an introduction
- Try to make engaging conversation by asking them questions about their life
- Be confident, but not cocky
- If the conversation is going well, ask if they would like a drink at the bar
- Try thinking of a coy way to ask if they are interested in going farther instead of straight up asking them to have sex, eg. Are you feeling adventurous tonight?
- Remember to be yourself
- Choose private areas to approach someone such the doorway of the locker room, sauna, or shower: people may feel cornered and uncomfortable
- Ask to “talk” somewhere more private right off the bat
- Touch anyone without their consent first
- If you make a connection, don’t follow that person around all night: they will notice.
Want to learn more? Be sure to visit us the fourth Wednesday of every month for The Right Approach, a workshop where you can learn even more about making the right impression. The workshop is covered by the cost of admission.
We even made a video on how to approach people at Oasis, CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Have any tips, thoughts, or Do’s and Don’ts of your own? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org